Social and Interactive Workshop by Editor’s Eye View
Interactive workshops are a great way to build your profile as a creator because they allow for hands-on learning. Panel One member Steve Colle, with Editor’s Eye View is hosting an interactive workshop for the displays, marketing and customer service at conventions. Seems like a perfect opportunity for anyone who plans to step-up their game this convention season.
The convention, trade show and exposition season approach us all quickly, yet we never truly see it coming. In addition to a creator’s desire to produce quality work, the stress of planning and the anxiety leading into the day(s) of an event can be overwhelming. As a result, many questions arise, such as:
- What should I have on my table?
- Do I have enough/too much to display?
- How am I going to fit it all on a smaller table?
- How do I stretch what I have to a larger table?
- Is my display going to attract people?
- How do I keep them at my table?
The panic list goes on and on.
You probably would love an opportunity to ease the stress and to test your customer’s experience in advance. Especially to test your display, learn tried and true techniques to presentation and customer interaction, to get feedback from peers and potential clients; etc… while being in a casual setting with an opportunity to socialize.
Potluck Social and Interactive Workshop:
EVENT MARKETING FOR TRADE SHOWS
Presented by Editor’s Eye View Freelance Services
Saturday, April 7- 6 to 10 PM
Holy Nativity Anglican Church
- The church hall and adjoining kitchen (with microwave; no oven) will be available to us.
- The hall will be set up with twelve 8 FT long folding tables around the periphery for trying out your display designs.
- Roundtables in the centre will be used for the dinner and workshop seating.
- As a potluck function, you are asked to bring either an appetizer, entree, or dessert. You are welcome to bring more.
- Your donation of snack items would also be appreciated, ie. chips, cheese puffs, etc.
- Punch, water, coffee, and tea will be provided.
- This is an alcohol-free event.
- A presentation with an open discussion on keys and considerations to effective event marketing for trade shows.
- The introduction of props, sales tools, and other display options will be on hand to discuss.
- Please bring notepad, writing instrument, etc. for note taking
- For those reserving display tables, you are encouraged to bring any and all items that you would incorporate into its presentation.
$5 per person
- Covers venue fee, drinks, and supplies
- All remaining funds will be placed in a draw with one name winning it all.
- Fees due upon registration via e-transfer
This social workshop is open to comic creators and their partners, significant others, and friends. Childcare is not available.
Register at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Number of people attending
- What you plan to bring to the dinner/snacks
- E-transfer of registration fees for all parties (password: potluck)
- Reservation for a display table.
NOTE: Opportunity to set up your display will be on a first reserve-basis. Therefore, reserve a table early with your registration.
In addition, only twelve tables are available. As a result, we will try to offer a second round if time permits.
- Space is limited.
Please note: this is not a Panel One sponsored event