Calgary Library – Wonder, Seek, Discover
The Calgary Public Library becomes a hub for kids 0-17 and their families to Wonder, Seek, Discover, and Share their passions during our summer program. The Library serves over 20,000 children from across the city every July and August. We‘d love to showcase your work. Our goal is to provide a variety of opportunities to help kids and families find and explore their interests. We surprise and delight them with experiences they wouldn’t normally get at their Library during the school year.
We are seeking 60-90-minute hands-on, interactive opportunities for kids and their families. We are excited by the fun, innovative ways you engage children and help to bring spaces to life. Whether that be a music, theatre, dance (or other!) performance, a messy science experiment or art activity, a touch-table of cool stuff and interesting info or a game for folks to join. These are first-come, first-serve drop-in opportunities in July and August 2018. Programs can take place indoors, or in some cases outside too (did you know we have a playground at Forest Lawn library?) at any of our twenty locations. You can determine the area of the City, the content, the duration, the frequency, the number of participants and the age range.
Please consider participating in one or both of the following ways:
- Provide interactive hands-on programming or performance at one or more of our library locations, regularly throughout the summer or just once or twice. The Library is a non-profit organization that ensures maximum accessibility for all of Calgary’s children by offering free programming. We appreciate any efforts to lower your standard costs, or provide free, in-kind programming, so that we can reach as many kids as possible. There are special recognition opportunities to those that provide work in-kind.
- Provide a large-scale installation which will sit at one location for the duration of the summer, offering an interactive experience for our patrons. This can include regularly scheduled visits from your organization to monitor and facilitate it, helping families explore and learn about the installation and your organization.
This is a unique opportunity for your organization to extend its reach to new audiences in every area of the City. The Library is a long-standing organization with a focus on community building, especially in growing Calgary neighborhoods and areas of high need. Children and their families who might not otherwise have the chance to experience your programming can this summer.
- Use of the library is free and we do not charge families for our programs.
- Furniture and basic IT, including Wi-Fi, will be supplied by the library at no cost
- The program will be offered as a drop-in program on a first-come-first-served basis
- The library will coordinate program dates, times and locations with the presenters and will provide a letter of agreement outlining all the details
- All library locations offer free parking, excluding the Central Library
- Electrical power available upon request
- If you are presenting the program for free:
- you can put up your own signage
- You can hand out resources including brochures and business cards, but you cannot fundraise, sell products or services
- You will be publicly recognized on our promotional materials
If you are interested, please fill out this simple Expression of Interest webform through this link: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/e60712f2cd3f4e35a3cfb5d90a3efd0c
We hope to have presenters secured by end of March and, so we will be in touch shortly after receiving your submission! Thank you in advance for your interest, If you have any questions not answered by the webform, please type them in the “comments” section or contact Carol Schwartz firstname.lastname@example.org